From 1 September to 30 October 2017, teens between aged between 13 and 18 years had the chance to tell us what they’d like to see happening in new Central Library and go into the draw for a $100 Westfield voucher. Congratulations to Isla from New Brighton who won the voucher.
The Young Adult survey ... had almost 700 respondents with a good mix of age, ethnicity and gender and geographic spread across the city. Over 50% respondents for 13-14 year olds and 95% were high schoolers. Popular responses for what youth would like to see and do in the library included enthusiasm for music, gaming, movies and food as well quiet study, job-ready skills like CV Writing and interviews, driver’s license training, legal rights and mental wellness and art, design and technology areas were amongst other stand-out interest areas. Zombies got good mention too! And did we say movies and food!?”
We are exploring the kinds of classes and programmes you'd like to take part in at your new Central Library:
- Life skills — things like CV writing, mental wellness, legal rights
- Opportunities to have fun with technology including coding, 3D printing, podcasting
- Creating things — crafts, art, dance etc
- Books, films, and authors; including writing workshops and book clubs
- Special events — silent discos, video and board game tournaments.
Have your say. The survey is on until 30 October.
We also had an in person feedback session, 3-4pm, Tuesday 26 September at Papanui Library. Food provided.
- Browse our teen pages to see some of the things currently happening for teens in libraries.
- Find out about events and classes for teens
— Learning Centres (@chchLibLearning) August 22, 2017