Here at Christchurch City Libraries we’re all about connecting people, inspiring discovery and enriching communities. We accept proposals for exhibitions all year round then review them in March, June, September or December. Once we have your proposal we’ll let you know when you can expect a response.
In order to help us plan an exciting and engaging range of exhibitions in Tūranga, we consider all proposals using some key criteria:
- Does the exhibition allow our community to access knowledge, ideas and works of imagination?
- Does it promote lifelong learning?
- Does it promote discovery of our collections and strengthen community identity through telling stories?
- Does it create greater global and cultural awareness by engaging our local community with collections of other institutions?
We then consider a few other things such as the quality of content, the resources required and whether it complements our existing programmes.
Due to the limited exhibition space in Tūranga, only a small number of digital and physical exhibition bookings are available each year.
- Submit your proposal by completing the online form below.
- If you’re submitting a digital exhibition proposal, check out our technical requirements, opens a new window.
- Send us images and other supporting documents with your proposal. These can be attached to the online form.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.