Stuff NZ Ltd PressReader content (like The Press and Sunday Star Times) is no longer available for you to access from home via Christchurch City Libraries.
Stuff NZ Ltd content is now only available to customers using a library computer, or using a phone or device on the library wifi. It can only be accessed via the PressReader website and not the PressReader app.
How to access Stuff titles in libraries:
- Use one of our computers, including dedicated PressReader terminals.
OR use your own phone or device and:
- Connect to the Wi-Fi HotSpot at Christchurch City Libraries.
- Log into PressReader via the library website.
Publishers put a lot of work into their content, and this change reflects the publisher’s wish to maintain ownership of their titles while keeping them available to library patrons when visiting the library.
Stuff titles affected by this change:
- The Press (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Sunday Star Times
- Sunday News
- Southland Times (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Waikato Times (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Dominion Post (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Nelson Mail (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Timaru Herald (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Manawatu Standard (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Taranaki Daily News (Weekday & Weekend Editions)
- Marlborough Express
- TV Guide
- NZ House and Garden
- NZ Gardener
New Zealand news
You can still use PressReader to access non-Stuff NZ Ltd titles such as the Otago Daily Times and NZ Herald, by using the PressReader app or website.
Another option is to read all the articles in The Press and other local papers via Access New Zealand, from your home computer or device. This will be text only and not full page display but most articles are available:
We would like to apologise for inconvenience or confusion caused from our previous communication. The restrictions from Stuff NZ Ltd were miscommunicated to us by PressReader.