No cultural event can ever be completed without the sumptuous food. An aroma synonymous with the Durga Puja is that of mouth-watering traditional Bengali cuisines.
Share your memories of Durga Puja in Christchurch. Register on Canterbury Stories.
Do you have any photographs of Durga Puja in Christchurch? If so, feel free to contribute to our collection.
This year the Christchurch Bengali Community are holding their annual Durga Puja at Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library and Community Centre on Saturday 8 October from 9am onwards.
Christchurch Photo Hunt
Christchurch City Libraries is holding its annual Photo Hunt from 1 October to 31 October. The theme for this year is Our Stories: Milestones and Moments.
How to enter:
- Submit your photos online;
- Take your photo to your local library and we will scan it and return it to you;
- Upload directly to the Discovery Wall during October.
Be in to win:
- $100 Riverside Market vouchers for the overall winner
- $50 Riverside Market vouchers for the People category winner
- $50 Riverside Market vouchers for the Places category winner
Previous Photo Hunt entries can be seen on:
- The Discovery Wall in Tūranga,
- The mobile Discovery Wall
- The website discoverywall.nz