Most people are happiest in jobs that find a balance between what they enjoy and what their skills and talents are.
Try answering these questions:
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What are you good at?
- What qualifications/experience do you currently have?
- Will you need to retrain?
These websites all try to match you with your ideal job.
- The Career Key
- Using the Holland personality types, suggestions are made with regards to appropriate careers. Provides brief outlines of requirements to do the job, personal characteristics and the industry.
- Career Services - Mana Rapuara Aotearoa
- New Zealand government funded web site, containing job outlines, vacancy links, advice, funding, training and industry information.
- Work and Income
- Work and Income has a focus on getting people into employment and gaining independence. People needing help getting a job can find helpful tips on the website.
To find books that will help you decide what jobs to look for, try these subject headings: