Location: 79 Canterbury Street, Lyttelton 8082
- Christchurch City Council information about Lyttelton Anglican Cemetery
- Interments are listed in the Christchurch City Council Cemeteries Database.
The Lyttelton Anglican Cemetery was opened in 1850. John Williams, who died on 18 December 1850 two days after the arrival of the First Four Ships, was the first person buried there and this is recorded in the church register transcripts. With other members of his family, he has a gravestone in the Anglican section of the Barbadoes Street Cemetery.
The earliest tombstone found concerns a death on 16 March 1851.
The cemetery was also known as the Lyttelton Public Cemetery. There is a separate cemetery with several denominational areas, which is now known as the Lyttelton Public Cemetery.
- There is a general map in the New Zealand Society of Genealogists' transcript book of the Lyttelton Anglican Cemetery which enables surviving gravestones to be found.
- Burial register transcripts of the Holy Trinity parish, Lyttelton, 1850-1940, and St Saviours Church, West Lyttelton were made as part of the Christchurch City Libraries and New Zealand Society of Genealogists' church register project.
- A plot plan, showing surnames, is held by the Cemetery archivist, Canterbury Group, NZ Society of Genealogists.