New Zealand Chinese Language Week
Come and celebrate New Zealand Chinese Language Week with Christchurch City Libraries.
New Zealand Chinese Language Week (NZCLW) is a Kiwi-driven initiative designed to increase Chinese language learning in New Zealand. The first of its kind in any Western country, NZCLW seeks to bridge the cultural and linguistic knowledge gap between China and New Zealand by delivering fun and practical initiatives that assist Kiwis to learn Chinese. New Zealand Chinese Language Week 2021 is on from 26 September to 2 October.
Welcome to Christchurch City Libraries. We have resources in Chinese for you and your family and friends. Join the library, it’s free. 欢迎您加入基督城市图书馆。我们为您，您的家庭和朋友提供免费中文资源。
Find Chinese language resources in our collection
New Zealand Chinese language classes and events at the library
Browse our events and classes in Chinese, including:
- Technology help
- Bilingual English / Mandarin wā pēpi babytimes
- Chinese book club.
Chinese language resources
The Chinese language has a reputation for being one of the most difficult languages in the world to master. If you have learned Chinese, you can talk with nearly 1.2 billion people, which is around 16% of the world’s population. There are a number of dialects of Chinese spoken such as Cantonese, with Mandarin being the "standard" dialect.
- English-Chinese dictionaries
- Chinese language courses with audio
- Mandarin Chinese Conversation and Phrase books
- World Languages Collection find libraries with Chinese language books and magazines: Chinese, Chinese (children's titles)
- Blog posts in Chinese
- Overdrive Read over 200 Chinese eBooks.
- Mango Languages Learning Chinese made easy.
- Dragonsource Read popular Chinese eMagazines online.
- PressReader Read newspapers from China and around the world.