Rarangi Take - Contents
- Mihi o Ngāi Tahu
- Whakapapa and Tribal Histories: An Introduction
- From Kupe to Cook
- Tangata Toa Māori Warrior
- Iwi Katoa Books Relating to Many Iwi
- Tetahi Iwi Specific Iwi
- Mataatua Bay Of Plenty
- Tai Rawhiti East Coast, Hawkes Bay Tribes
- Tai Tokerau Northern Tribes
- Tainui Waikato And Hauraki Tribes
- Takitimu Lower East Coast
- Taranaki Aotea Tokomaru
- Te Arawa Bay Of Plenty
- Te Upoko O Te Ika Wellington Tribes
- Te Wai Pounamu South Island Iwi
- Whanganui Wanganui
- Wharekauri Chatham Islands
- Sources outside the Aotearoa New Zealand Centre
- Putunga Hotuku - Electronic Databases
- Nga Moheni me ngā Niupepa Magazines and Newspapers
Most books can be borrowed from the Ngā Pounamu Māori collection, but to ensure there will always be a copy to view, the Aotearoa New Zealand Centre copy is for reference only.
Many iwi whakapapa are treated as taonga and shelved separately.
Your library card or other current ID is required to use these.
To Terry Ryan, Manager of the Whakapapa Unit, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu for his support and encouragement. Tēnā koe Terry mo au tautoko mo te kaupapa nei.
To Grace Voller of Te Toi Mana Art Gallery for the design concept of our new Māori logo 'Kowhaiwhai Piko Matauranga' incorporated in the logos used in these pages. This logo will be used to identify our Māori services and resources.
To Mrs Enid Ellis for her invaluable assistance in preparation for the Whakapapa booklet.
Tēnā koutou āku hoa
Māori Resources Librarian