Name: Carolyn Ann Aish
Date of birth: 28 June 1948
Place of birth: Waitara, Taranaki
Now living in: Inglewood, Taranaki
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you have a nickname and if so what is it?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- When I was on time at my wedding, but made to go away because the groomsmen weren’t there, and this made me look as if I was 20 minutes late!
- How do you relax?
- With music by the fire.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- My Father.
- What were you like at school?
- Friendly but competitive.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- Favourite — English/writing
Most hated — Science.
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- Heidi, by Johanna Spyri.
- Which person from the past would you most like to meet?
- John Bunyan.
- Who is your favourite author/children’s author?
- C. S. Lewis.
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- To write for children and read aloud to the children, a book in which each chapter has a cliff-hanger ending.
- Do you have a special place where you write your books?
- No — I can write anywhere, anytime.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- Best: To see a completed, published book.
Worst: Interruptions and not making enough time to write.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Write every day and never throw a page away:
Write, write write!
This interview is from 2002.