Name: Frank Saxton
Date of birth: 4 April 1952
Place of birth: Hastings
Now living in: Nelson
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you have a nickname and if so what is it?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- When I pooed my pants in Primer One.
- How do you relax?
- Lying down, reading.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- Barry Crump.
- What were you like at school?
- A good quiet boy.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- Most hated: hard maths.
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- None: I wasn’t much of a reader when I was a kid.
- Which person from the past would you most like to meet?
- Te Kooti (Te Kooti Arikirangi Te Turuki).
- Who is your favourite author/children’s author?
- I don’t have one favourite.
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- When I die the book will still live.
- Do you have a special place where you write your books?
- A computer and keyboard and a quiet room.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- Best thing: holding the first copy in your hands
Worst: getting started.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- Helicopter pilot.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Get started and keep at it.
This interview is from 2002.