Date of birth: 4 February 1970
Place of birth: Palmerston North
Now living in: Ruby Bay, Nelson
- What is your favourite food?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Taking a horse swimming while wearing my togs, then being bucked off and lying on the ground, crying, in front of a wedding party.
- How do you relax?
- Ride horses, read books, listen to music.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- Margaret Mahyopens a new window
- What were you like at school?
- Good, I liked school. I was bossy to my friends though.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- I loved reading and writing and art. I liked doing projects where I could write about things and draw diagrams. I hated P.E.
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- Badjelly the Witch by Spike Milligan.
- Who is your favourite author/children’s author?
- Adult writer: Annie Proulx.
Children’s: I like too many to choose.
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- Because I like telling stories and I wanted to see my stories as books that lots of people would see.
- Do you have a special place where you write your books?
- My bedroom, because it is quiet there.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- Sharing my ideas with other people, and waiting to see if they like them.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- I am already a potter and painter as well.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Write, write, write. Don’t worry about how tidy you are or if you make spelling mistakes, just get your ideas on paper then tidy up later.
This interview is from 2010.