We are so excited to introduce you to our latest eResource Kanopy! Kanopy is an online video streaming service with a great collection of award-winning independent, international, classic films, and documentaries. It's free with your library card number and password / PIN.
There is a huge collection of films to choose from including top New Zealand titles like Boy, Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Waru.
Kanopy Kids features movies and shows aimed at kids. Check out shows related to favourite books like Don't let the pigeon drive the bus! Don't worry about your kids viewing inappropriate material, there are parental controls to limit what they can view.
Set up your Kanopy account and watch 10 movies a month for free!
Want some ideas of what to watch? Christchurch movie lovers pick their favourites on Kanopy:
- World Cinema titles Philip Matthews, feature writer at The Press and movie blogger picks his top 10 world cinema titles.
- Must-watch art docos Lara Strongman, Head Curator at Christchurch Art Gallery selects essential art and photography documentaries.
- Just the two of us: Movie couples: Moata Tamaira, Digital Library Web Content Manager at Christchurch City Libraries.
- A frightful buffet: ten (plus one) horror films: Dr. Erin Harrington, lecturer in English and Cultural Studies at University of Canterbury.
- Donna Robertson, Editor of Digital Library Web Team at Christchurch City Libraries:
- Top five picks Clare Logan, Auahatanga Creativity Level 4, Tūranga.
Read the Newsline article: Book into Christchurch's on-demand film-streaming library service, 9 July 2019.