Name: Diana Noonan
Date of birth: 7 January 1960
Place of birth: Dunedin
Now living in: Catlins
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you have a nickname and if so what is it?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Don’t have one.
- How do you relax?
- I enjoy sleeping and swimming.
- Who inspired you when you were little?
- My English teacher in the third form.
- What were you like at school?
- I enjoyed school.
- What was your favourite/most hated subject at school?
- Most hated: Economics
- What was the book you most loved as a child?
- Trixie Belden series.
- Which person from the past would you most like to meet?
- Why did you want to be a writer?
- I wanted to paint, really, but I couldn’t manage to do it well enough to satisfy myself — so I painted with words instead.
- Do you have a special place where you write your books?
- My office.
- What’s the best thing and worst thing about being a writer?
- Best is having time alone and to myself. Worst is the stress I put on myself to finish a piece of work.
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you like to be?
- A gardener.
- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
- Read as much as you can and practise writing every day.
This interview is from 2002.