Linwood Library and Service Centre at Eastgate is located upstairs at Eastgate Mall. Access the library using stairs near the food court, the escalator near the main entrance or the lift by Postie Plus. Eastgate is located on the intersection of Buckleys Road and Linwood Avenue, Christchurch.
- The Orbiter and number 5, 80, 140, and 155 bus routes stop nearby. See the Metroinfo timetables for more information.
- Metrocard top-up service is available at the CCC service desk Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, and from library staff at other times during library opening hours.
- Free parking is available at Eastgate Mall. Please note: a three hour limit applies.
Services and facilities
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Events and classes at Linwood Library
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- A fully equipped Parents’ Room is available in Eastgate on the ground floor near the food court.
- Public toilets are near the entrance to the library by the Mall Management office.
- Linwood Library has an exhibition space for local artists to display their work. Please contact the Library to discuss presenting your art to our community.
Linwood Service Centre
Christchurch City Council service desk hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
NZ Post Shop
NZ Post services are available from the Linwood Service Centre, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Post a parcel/drop off
- Purchase postage
- Pay a Bill & ID Applications
- Post a letter
Computers and Technology
- 15 public computers with free internet access (60 minute time limit on sessions for library customers; 30 minutes for visitor logins)
- 1 job seeker computer (90 min session)
- 1 free 15 minute express PC
- 1 40 inch LCD TV with Xbox 360
- 1 40 inch LCD TV with PS4
- Free wireless internet access
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to email or USB
Our collection includes more than 50,000 items including:
- Fiction and nonfiction
- CDs and DVDs
- Children’s and young adults’ material
- Large print and Talking books
- Ngā Pounamu Māori
- World Languages Collection