Wā Kōrero programmes include stories, music, movement and rhymes for children aged 2 and over. Wā Pēpi: Babytimes is for babies and under-2s. Kōrero pukapuka, pūoru, korikori.
If you want to do Wā Kōrero at home, watch our online storytimes.
New Zealand is at COVID-19 Alert Level 1. Please check the events calendar to see if the Wā Kōrero: Storytimes you want to attend is on.
Some sessions are only on during term-time, but others take place in the holidays.
- Fendalton Library Tuesday 10.30am and Bedtime Stories on the first Friday of the month
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre Thursday 11am
- Hornby Library Wednesday 10.15am
- Linwood Library Thursday 10am
- Lyttelton Library Tuesday 11am
- Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre Wednesday 10.30am (plus occasional Super Saturday Storytimes at 2pm)
- New Brighton Library Monday 2pm
- Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library and Community Centre Wednesday 10.30am
- Papanui Library Thursday 11am
- Redwood Library Monday 10.30am
- Shirley Library Tuesday 10.30am
- South Library Thursday 11am
- Spreydon Library Friday 10.30am
- Storytimes at Barrington Mall 2nd Monday of the month 10.30am to 11.30am
Tūranga Wednesday 10.30am
- Ngā Pakiwaitara - Bilingual Storytimes is an interactive programme including stories and cool Māori waiata/songs.This bilingual storytimes runs every Tuesday from 10.30am to 11am.
- Faitauga Tusi: Samoan Storytimes (English and Samoan) last Saturday of the month 10.30am
- Bilingual English and Mandarin storytimes on the third Saturday of the month at 10.30am
- Sensory Storytimes designed for children, ages 3-9, who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs (dates vary, bookings required).
- Upper Riccarton Library Monday 10am (plus Super Saturday Storytimes at 11am)
Book now for a free, fun interactive storytime, designed for children, ages 3-9 who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs.These free sessions include stories, songs, movement and play in a smaller setting and is limited to 8 children.Children must be accompanied by a caregiver and bookings are essential.
Phone 9417923 or email email@example.com to book. Sensory Storytimes will take place at Ngā Purapura / Activity Room, Hapori | Community, Level 1, Tūranga.
- See our list of Sensory Storytimes.
- Find more about our Preschoolers' events and programmes.
- Discover music sessions for preschoolers as listed on CINCH.
Children's Holocaust Memorial: Everyone Counts storytime
Faitauga Tusi - Samoan Storytimes in Samoan and English, with Tiresa from Tūranga
Learn the Samoan alphabet and sing a favourite song!
Digital Storytimes - Wā Kōrero
Digital Storytimes - Wā Kōrero with Bronwen from Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre: Super Felix
Bronwen is reading Super Felix - written, illustrated and published by Phoebe Morris