Programmes include stories, music, movement and rhymes for children aged 2 and over. Wā Pēpi: Babytimes is for babies and under-2s. Kōrero pukapuka, pūoru, korikori.
Some sessions are only on during term-time, but others take place in the holidays.
- Fendalton Library Tuesday 10.30am and Bedtime Stories on the first Friday of the month
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre Thursday 11am
- Hornby Library Wednesday 10.15am
- Linwood Library Thursday 10am
- Lyttelton Library Tuesday 11am
- Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre Wednesday 10.30am (plus occasional Super Saturday Storytimes at 2pm)
- New Brighton Library Monday 2pm
- Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library and Community Centre Wednesday 10.30am
- Papanui Library Thursday 11am
- Parklands Library Thursday 10.30am
- Redwood Library Monday 10.30am
- Shirley Library Tuesday 10.30am (plus Super Saturday Storytimes at 11am)
- South Library Thursday 11am
- Spreydon Library Friday 10.30am
Tūranga Wednesday 10.30am
Ngā Pakiwaitara: Bilingual Storytimes (in English and te reo Māori) Tuesday 10.30am
Bilingual English and Mandarin storytimes on the third Saturday of the month at 10.30am
Sensory Storytimes designed for children, ages 3-9, who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs (dates vary, bookings required).
- Upper Riccarton Library Monday 10am (plus Super Saturday Storytimes at 11am)
Book now for a free, fun interactive storytime, designed for children, ages 3-9 who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs.These free sessions include stories, songs, movement and play in a smaller setting and is limited to 8 children.Children must be accompanied by a caregiver and bookings are essential.
Phone 9417923 or email email@example.com to book. Sensory Storytimes will take place at Ngā Purapura / Activity Room, Hapori | Community, Level 1, Tūranga.
- See our list of Sensory Storytimes.
- Find more about our Preschoolers' events and programmes.
- Discover music sessions for preschoolers as listed on CINCH.