Wā Kōrero programmes include stories, music, movement and rhymes for children aged 2 and over. Wā Pēpi: Babytimes is for babies and under-2s. Kōrero pukapuka, pūoru, korikori.
If you want to do Wā Kōrero at home, watch our online storytimes.
Some sessions are only on during term-time, but others take place in the holidays.
- Fendalton Library Tuesday 10.30am and Bedtime Stories on the first Friday of the month
- Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre Thursday 11am
- Hornby Library Wednesday 10.15am
- Linwood Library Thursday 10am
- Lyttelton Library Tuesday 11am
- Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre Wednesday 10.30am (plus occasional Super Saturday Storytimes at 2pm)
- New Brighton Library Monday 2pm
- Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library and Community Centre Wednesday 10.30am
- Papanui Library Thursday 11am
- Redwood Library Monday 10.30am
- Shirley Library Tuesday 10.30am
- South Library Thursday 11am
- Spreydon Library Friday 10.30am
- Storytimes at Barrington Mall 2nd Monday of the month 10.30am to 11.30am
Tūranga Wednesday 10.30am
Faitauga Tusi: Samoan Storytimes (English and Samoan) last Saturday of the month 10.30am
Bilingual English and Mandarin storytimes on the third Saturday of the month at 10.30am
Sensory Storytimes designed for children, ages 3-9, who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs (dates vary, bookings required).
- Upper Riccarton Library Monday 10am (plus Super Saturday Storytimes at 11am)
Book now for a free, fun interactive storytime, designed for children, ages 3-9 who are on the autism spectrum or have multisensory needs.These free sessions include stories, songs, movement and play in a smaller setting and is limited to 8 children.Children must be accompanied by a caregiver and bookings are essential.
Phone 9417923 or email email@example.com to book. Sensory Storytimes will take place at Ngā Purapura / Activity Room, Hapori | Community, Level 1, Tūranga.
- See our list of Sensory Storytimes.
- Find more about our Preschoolers' events and programmes.
- Discover music sessions for preschoolers as listed on CINCH.
Faitauga Tusi - Samoan Storytimes in Samoan and English, with Tiresa from Tūranga
Learn the Samoan alphabet and sing a favourite song!
Digital Storytimes - Wā Kōrero
Digital Storytime - Wā Kōrero with Ky from the Library at Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre: A Lion in the Meadow
Ky is reading A Lion in the Meadow by Margaret Mahy illustrated by Jenny Williams, published by Hachette New Zealand
Digital Storytime - Wā Kōrero with Amy from Linwood Library: The Squirrels Who Squabbled
Amy is reading The squirrels who squabbled written and Illustrated by Rachel Bright and Jim Field and published by Orchard Books
Digital Storytimes - Wā Kōrero with Bronwen from Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre: Super Felix
Bronwen is reading Super Felix - written, illustrated and published by Phoebe Morris