Census Day 7 March 2023.
2023 Census is about all of us.
Ko Te Rā Tatauranga 7 Poutūterangi 2023.
Mō tātou katoa te Tatauranga 2023.
2023 Census is our chance to represent ourselves, our families, whānau, communities, and cultures.
When we all take part in the 2023 Census, all of us count - Tatau tātou.
The next census will be held on Tuesday 7 March 2023. Census is a nationwide survey that happens every five years to understand more about life in Aotearoa New Zealand. By taking part in the census, you help create a better understanding of your community.
Discover more at www.census.govt.nz
Census support events and locations
Get face-to-face support to complete your census forms at some community locations from Monday 13 February 2023 until Friday 7 April 2023.
Census support at our libraries
There are Census support events at libraries:
- Tuesday 28 February 10am to 3pm Shirley Library
- Wednesday 1 March 9am to 3pm Fendalton Library
- Wednesday 1 March 11am to 1pm; 2pm to 4pm Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Thursday 2 March 10am to 1pm Aranui Library
- Thursday 2 March 9am to 3pm Ōrauwhata: Bishopdale Library
- Thursday 2 March 11am to 1pm; 2pm to 4pm Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Friday 3 March 11am to 1pm; 2pm to 4pm Te Hāpua: Halswell Centre
- Friday 3 March 1pm to 4pm Tūranga, run by Youth Cultural Development
- Sunday 5 March 10am to 5pm Tūranga in Auaha Hīhī / Spark Place (Located on He Hononga | Connection, Ground Level) (Chinese speaker support available)
- Monday 6 March 10am to 5.30pm Papanui Library (Chinese speaker support available)
- Tuesday 7 March 10am to 7pm Upper Riccarton Library (Chinese speaker support available; Korean and Japanese speaker support in the afternoon)
- Friday 10 March 9.30am to 12noon New Brighton
There may be support available for some other languages.
You can visit our libraries to fill your forms online using our public computers or free wifi.
More about the Census
- The Census website is bilingual in English and te reo Māori.
- Census resources includes posters and flyers in te reo Māori and other languages.
- There is an iwi map / mapi iwi to support you to answer the census question about your iwi affiliation.
- You can complete your census online.
You can get information about the 2023 Census in other languages and formats:
- New Zealand Sign Language
- Arabic عربي
- 简体中文 Chinese (Simplified)
- 繁體中文 Chinese (Traditional)
- Te Reo Māori Kuki ‘Āirani Cook Islands Māori
- Farsi فارسی
- Vosa Vakaviti Fiji
- Français French
- ગુજરાતી Gujarati
- हिन्दी Hindi
- 日本語 Japanese
- Te taetae ni Kiribati Kiribati
- 한국어 Korean
- Vagahau Niue Vagahau Niue
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ Punjabi
- Fäeag Rotųam Rotuman
- Gagana Samoa Samoa
- Af-Soomaali Somali
- Español Spanish
- தமிழ் Tamil
- ภาษาไทย Thai
- Te Gagana Tokelau Tokelau
- Te Gana Tuvalu Tuvalu
- Lea Faka-Tonga Tonga
- اُردُو Urdu
- Tiếng Việt Vietnamese