Youth Week 2019 will be held from Saturday 18 to Sunday 26 May 2019. The theme is "We are more than you see" "He wai hōhonu a mātou" (literally, we are deep waters, thus referring to unseen depths).
Find out what else is happening during Youth Week
- Like Youth Week on Facebook
- Follow Youth Week on Twitter
- Sign up to Youth Week e-updates
- Youth Week events in Canterbury
Youth organisations and resources
Here are some websites and organisations that focus on youth issues:
- Bounce is a bunch of tips, ideas and inspiration to help you live life well. Bounce is a New Zealand Red Cross project that partners with young people for young people.
- Ministry of Youth Development
- The Ministry of Youth Development (Te Manatu Whakahiato Taiohi) promotes the interests of young people aged between 12 and 24 years inclusive. The Ministry encourages and assists young people to be involved in the social, educational, economic and cultural development of New Zealand, both locally and nationally.
- YouthLaw Aotearoa
- Free national legal service for those under 25 years.
- Youth Parliament
- The Youth Parliament takes place every three years and 2016 was the most recent. It was an opportunity for young New Zealanders to learn about New Zealand’s democracy and influence public decision-making.
- Youth health services in Christchurch
- Our page on health services for young people in Christchurch.