Youth Week 2021 is on from Saturday 8 May to Sunday 16 May. The theme is:
We're stronger together
He waka eke noa
Youth Week at the library
Head along to the library for some great events for young people
- Studio starters: Video editing, 8 & 15 May, Tūranga (bookings required, $21.49 per person)
- Kerbal club Wednesday 12 May, Tūranga
- Manga club Thursday 13 May, Tūranga
- Comics, Cartoons and Zines - oh my! Friday 14 May, Upper Riccarton Library
- YA creative time Friday 14 May, Tūranga
- YA studio time Friday 14 May, Tūranga
- Nerdy Crafting Saturday 15 May 1pm to 3pm, Shirley Library
Youth organisations and resources
Here are some websites and organisations that focus on youth issues:
- Bounce is a bunch of tips, ideas and inspiration to help you live life well. Bounce is a New Zealand Red Cross project that partners with young people for young people.
- Ministry of Youth Development
- The Ministry of Youth Development (Te Manatu Whakahiato Taiohi) promotes the interests of young people aged between 12 and 24 years inclusive. The Ministry encourages and assists young people to be involved in the social, educational, economic and cultural development of New Zealand, both locally and nationally.
- YouthLaw Aotearoa
- Free national legal service for those under 25 years.
- Youth Parliament
- The Youth Parliament takes place every three years and 2016 was the most recent. It was an opportunity for young New Zealanders to learn about New Zealand’s democracy and influence public decision-making.
- Youth health services in Christchurch
- Our page on health services for young people in Christchurch.