Free, pop-up Fun Palaces will be hosting exciting arts, science and culture activities for people of all ages and abilities this weekend. New Zealand will be the first place in the world to get our Fun Palace on!
My sister in London will be Fun Palace-ing too - Story Telling For Big Kids and Little Kids at the Brockwell Lido Fun Palace. Meanwhile, in Christchurch I will be with the whanau sampling events at our Fun Palaces HQ Central Library Peterborough. But wait - there's more!
- Cardboard City Creation with CCC in Cathedral Square.
- Join in The Big Draw with Christchurch Art Gallery.
- Sound Garden - Make some noise with Gap Filler and Greening the Rubble.
- Science Alive will present an exciting day of artistic science activities using mechanical components to create art.
- Do some mosaic making with Lego at the Imagination Station.
- Take a walk on the pleasantly mild side with the All Right? Amble (part of The Breeze Walking Festival).
- SCAPE Public Art presents the Ōtākaro Plant Parade. You can make Cyanotype prints. It also has two Jolt performances - an installation piece using the artwork Tree Houses for Swamp Dwellers by Julia Morison and then a performance piece "illuminate" on the Dance-O-Mat.
- Fab Lab xCHC is putting on Papertronics. Make a light up lamp!
- Open Stage – an operatic sing-a-long with NZ Opera at the Cardboard Cathedral.
- Sleeping Ocean is part of The Body Festival. Layering contemporary dance, spoken word, real-time electronic music, design and fine art in various combinations over 3 days, in a cabin in the centre of Victoria Square.
Be There lists all the local Fun Palaces. You can win too - snap a selfie at any of the Fun Palaces and upload to your social media accounts with the hashtag #funpalaceschch and you are in the draw to WIN a bicycle worth up to $2,000. See you there!