Christchurch City Libraries blog hosts a series of regular podcasts from specialist human rights radio show Speak up - Kōrerotia. This show is created by Sally Carlton.
Topics of discussion in this episode include Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tino rangatiatanga, diversity in local government, voter turnout and Māori wards - with guests Rachael Evans (University of Canterbury) and Atarau Hamilton.
Part I: Recent history of discussions on co-governance
Part II: Ngāi Tahu Representation Bill
Part III: Māori voting and representation in local councils
Find out more
- Canterbury Regional Council (Ngāi Tahu Representation) Bill
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu website
- Find articles about Māori and local government (access with your library card & password / PIN)
- Find titles about Kāwanatanga in the catalogue
- Find titles about Māori and government relations in the catalogue