Parenting Week is a Neighbourhood Trust event which includes seminars and workshops for parents. It takes place every two years. Parenting Week 2019 is on from Monday 9 September to Thursday 19 September.
More about parenting at libraries
Events for families
Explore our events calendar to find out family activities and learning programmes.
Services for parents
- Books for babies
- Each year we deliver about 5,000 Books for Babies packs to parents and babies through hospitals, midwives and the Homebirth Association.
- Learning parties
- If you have a four–year–old, attending or hosting a learning party can help them get ready for school. Learning parties are a new service and complement our Ready for Reading packs.
- Ready for Reading
- When a child turns four they can come into any Christchurch City Library and pick up a Ready for Reading pack. The book is in te reo Māori and English.
- Preschool and Families outreach services
- Christchurch City Libraries has an experienced team of children’s librarians who visit community groups and preschools to promote our wide range of services and resources.
- Reading to dogs
- Christchurch City Libraries Reading to Dogs programme provides a relaxed, non-threatening atmosphere which encourages children to practice their reading skills and develop a love of reading.