WORD Christchurch puts on a range of literary events during the year. The WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival takes place biennially, with the next Festival scheduled for 2016. We attended the WORD Christchurch Autumn Season from 12 to 17 May 2015, blogged, and tweeted (hashtag #wordchch).
Find out more on our WORD Christchurch page.
WORD Christchurch Autumn Season blog posts
- Xinran at the WORD Christchurch Autumn Season
- On Chatham Island time with David Mitchell
- Hack Attack
- Very very sleazy tabloid hacks. Hack Attack – Nick Davies at the WORD Christchurch Autumn Season
- David Mitchell Über Novelist
- The World of David Walliams
- What wild and wonderful creature would you be? Helen Macdonald
- The stories of the One Child Policy: An interview with Xinran
- Xinran and the one child generation in China
- Hack attack by Nick Davies
- Four quick questions with Helen MacDonald
- Oh my WORD!
A set of WORD Christchurch Autumn Season photos.
About the WORD Christchurch Autumn Season - 12 to 17 May 2015
WORD Christchurch, in association with the Auckland Writers Festival, brings five international and one New Zealand author to Christchurch for an Autumn Season. With a season pass you get entry to all sessions except David Walliams.
Helen Macdonald: H is for Hawk (Tuesday 12 May 6pm)
"When Helen Macdonald’s father died, she turned to an unusual means of overcoming her grief: she decided to train a goshawk. H is for Hawk is both nature writing and memoir at their best."
- Search our catalogue for Helen Macdonald
Nick Davies: Hack Attack (Tuesday 12 May 8pm)
"Hack Attack: How the Truth Caught Up With Rupert Murdoch is a nail-biting account of an investigative journalist’s quest. It is a shining example of the might of good journalism."
- Search our catalogue for Nick Davies
Steve Braunias: Mad Men
"Come and have a drink with one of New Zealand’s sharpest satirical minds."
- Search our catalogue for Steve Braunias
David Walliams: The world of David Walliams (Thursday 14 May 6pm)
"His one-hour show will focus exclusively on his children’s books and be enormous fun for the whole family."
- Search our catalogue for David Walliams
Xinran: The one-child generation (Thursday 14 May 8pm)
"Xinran’s latest book, Buy Me the Sky, tells the remarkable stories of men and women born in China after 1979 — the recent generations raised under China’s single-child policy"
- Search our catalogue for Xinran
David Mitchell: Über-Novelist (Sunday 17 May 6pm)
"David Mitchell’s breathtaking latest multi-genre novel, The Bone Clocks, was called “recklessly ambitious” by the Guardian and was longlisted for the Man Booker."
- Search our catalogue for David Mitchell
WORD Christchurch on TwitterTweets about wordchch
Previous WORD coverage
- WORD Christchurch Writers and Readers Festival 2014
- The Press Christchurch Writers Festival 2012
- Our coverage of The Press Christchurch Writers Festival 2010 links to interviews we conducted before the Festival was cancelled.
- The Press Christchurch Writers Festival 2008
- The Press Christchurch Writers Festival 2006
WORD Christchurch information
- Visit the WORD Christchurch website
- Sign up for the Festival newsletter
- Follow @WordChristchurch on Twitter
- Like WORD Christchurch on Facebook
- WORD Christchurch articles in The Press
Our page on literary festivals and events.