Located on Tuakiri | Identity, Level 2, Tūranga, Te Pito Huarewa / Southbase Gallery houses exhibitions that reflect the cultural identity and history of Christchurch and Canterbury.
Talanoa i Measina – Sharing our stories (12 November 2020 to 28 February 2021)
An expression of Pacific identity, cultural belonging and visual Talanoa from Christchurch's Pacific community.
Using gathered images, film and objects from Pasifika communities, archive material from Christchurch City Libraries and other institutions, Talanoa i Measina - Sharing our Stories is a visual showcase mirroring a living room that celebrated achievements, people and love for Pacific culture in Ōtautahi.
- From Paper to Pixel (21 September to 1 November 2020)
- Aroha Revolution: A Community Matariki Quilt: (13 August to 13 September 2020)
- Labyrinth in the Library (29 February to 2 August 2020)
- Heartfelt (15 to 23 February 2020)
- Extraordinary: From the collections of Alexander Turnbull Library (9 November 2019 to 9 February 2020)
- Illuminate: Unearthing treasures from our collection (3 August to 27 October 2019)
- Va Oceans Between (18 May to 21 July 2019)
- Kā Huru Manu (26 January to 28 April 2019)
- Our Painted Stories (Friday 12 October 2018 to Thursday 17 January 2019)